Saturday 24 January 2009

The Farewell

With our farewell fast approaching pretty much everyone is talking about it. For some reason the big question is, "What will you be wearing?"

So anyway, after asking a whole bunch of people what I should wear it appeared that I had decided to get a tux. However, life doesn't always work out how you want it to. So when I brought up the topic to my parents they decided for me in 5 minutes flat without even letting me suggest anything.

The conversation went something like this,

KD: Hey mom... what do I wear to the farewell?
Mom: Ask your dad.
KD: Ugh...
Mom: *Calls Karan's dad over*
Dad: Wait! I know! You can wear jeans and a t-shirt.
KD: Seriously...
Mom: He can't wear that.
Dad: Fine, I have an idea.
*Skip to parent's bedroom. Dad hands down his old coat to me. Pretty nifty.*
KD: Pretty nifty.
*Skip back to Karan's room.*
Mom: You'll need pants!
KD: I just have black pants.
*Mom pulls out a green jacket.*
Dad: That's a jacket.
Mom: Oh... right... pants...
*Mom searches. Finds nothing.*
KD: It's with the suit.
Mom: Right!
*Gets the pants.*
KD: Now for t-
Dad: He can wear a t-shirt with that.
KD: What? No! I nee-
Mom: No. He should wear a shirt.
*Mom starts to pull out shirts I've never seen before in my life.*
Dad: I like this one.
KD: I don't...
Mom: No, no. This white one.
Dad: No. This one with the big buttons.
Karan: Can I wear this biege one instead? ._.
Mom & Dad: O... k... a... y...

And thats the story of how I'll end up going to our farewell wearing this...
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/How-I-Met-Your-Mother-tv-21.jpg

The point is that down the years it won't matter what we wore that day. All that'd matter is that we were together, doing the crack things that we do.

Who knows... it may just be the last time we get to do something this large for quite a while...

Peace,
KD

3 comments:

  1. *sarcasm* .. yay! no one wearing indian! yay!
    heh. like u said, it doesnt really matter.
    i loves ted.

    -sameera

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny stuff...tho it makes sense...
    hope u guys like ur farewell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankgod no indians.
    I would have still preferred you in a three piece tux.
    it would have looked fab!
    Still. do take photos.

    ReplyDelete